I came across this awesome idea on the Stampington & Company website. I wanted to make some with the Halloween washi tape I had. You can find a fun assortment of washi tape at Oriental Trading. From patterns & colors to seasonal, there is over 30 varieties to choose from!
Use these fun washi tape feathers in floral arrangements, as embellishments on gifts, for crafts, and so much more! There was no “visual” tutorial on the Stampington & Company website. I thought I would take the tutorial a step further for you and create a step-by-step photo tutorial.
Floral Wire ( I had green on hand but you can get a lighter color so that it does not show though as much on the lighter tape).
1. Start by cutting a 6-7″ piece of your floral wire.
2. Take your wire and a piece of washi tape, the same length, and stick the wire to the center of the wash tape.
3. Next, take another piece of washi tape and place right over the sticky side of the first piece, with wire still in the center.
4. Now you need to make your feather wider. I added two additional strips of both side of my wired piece of washi tape.
5. Now that you have all your layers of tape, you can trim your tape into a feather shape.
6. Starting at the top of your feather, cut small slivers in a downward angle all the way to the bottom of the feather. Repeat on the other side.
How does your feather look? Pretty, right!?